Wedding vows 💍: How to make them original and beautiful?
The wedding vows are one of the most important elements of the wedding ceremony since most of them are personally prepared by the bride and groom and have an overflowing meaning of love.
The vows of love are this opportunity for couples to tell each other in their own way, in their own language, how much they love each other and the promises and commitments they make to each other.
The importance of the moment
During the ceremony process, the moment of the vows is one of the most emotional moments during your destination wedding as it is a declaration of love between the couple, where they promise eternal love and mutual support at all times.
Generally, in most ceremonies, the officiant is the one who reads the vows, and the couple repeats and/or confirms that they will fulfill it, although this has been evolving and has given more freedom to the bride and groom to prepare their own vows and proclaim their love in the most sincere and authentic way.
Not everyone has the same facility with words, so… How to create original and beautiful wedding vows? We share with you the following tips to leave everyone with a lump in their throat:
👉 Choose the best Wedding Planner in Yucatan 👈
Remember the special moments
- You have to include promises and desires that you have for the relationship in the new stage that you are going to live together.
- Think of all the virtues of your partner, everything that makes you fall in love and makes you feel that he/she is special, for example, qualities such as kindness, joy, trust, etc.
- Remember a moment that has marked the relationship and that you shared together, you can make a brief anecdote or reference to this memory.
Look for inspiration
- The way you express yourself when saying your vows will be a key point to convey your feelings, so it is important to practice before the wedding day. Read it out loud and if you notice that something should not go or something that could improve the text, correct and add until you have the perfect text.
- If you still don’t know what to write for your vows, you can take inspiration from a book or poem that transmits the necessary feeling to let the emotions you feel for your loved one flow.
- You can take inspiration from a song that you both share or your favorite song.
The finishing touches
- It doesn’t matter if the vows are short or long as long as you can transmit the message of love to the people, even the shortest vows can be the most emotional in the world.
- If you need help, you can ask people close to you, who have already been married and have a clearer idea, but always take care that the content of the text is yours, that it is something personal between you and the person you love.
- On the day of the ceremony, you can have your vows written so you can see it or use it as support. The important thing is that you have practiced and you are relaxed at the moment.
👉 Know the requirements for a Civil Wedding in Yucatan 👈
The vows can be emotional, romantic and even funny, it all depends on the sense you give it and your personality, as long as it is something sincere and full of love it will be fine because your partner and the people attending will feel it, they know you and know that your words have a great meaning.
Do not miss this opportunity to give your partner words from the heart through your wedding vows.
Do you want to know more about TIPS for your wedding in Yucatan? We are YUCATANLOVE, Wedding Planners in Mérida, ask us.