✍ How to make Wedding Missals? 🤔
What is a wedding missal? Clarifying the doubts...
The missal is a step-by-step guide indicating the development of your religious ceremony. It includes the entrance of the procession, the greeting, the readings, the liturgy, offerings, prayers and the moments. Normally, the church you have chosen to get married can provide you with a model missal and follow the example. It is important to know what the readings for your Mass are so ask your officiant for a draft.
In the missal you can include what you consider important according to your expectations, some of our brides decide to include data such as: the name of the godparents, thanks to the godparents, thanks to the guests for their company and many other ideas. On a more visual level, it is ideal that it is unified to all the stationery design and decoration aspects. An easy to read typography and in colors that stand out, use the format you like the most!
On your wedding day, leave them on your guests’ seats, in a nice basket at the entrance of the church or have someone special hand them out (your groomsmen or a bridesmaid). Your guests will love the detail and, best of all, it will help them follow the minute by minute of the ceremony.
How to make a wedding reading?
Parts of the wedding missal in Yucatan:
- Entrance (cortege).
- Greeting or Welcome.
- Liturgy of the Word.
- Gospel corresponding to the day of the mass.
- Celebration of the marriage; (includes the blessing of the rings, giving of the arras, lighting of the candles and the prayer).
- Liturgy of the sacrament or Eucharist.
- Presentation of offerings.
- Our Father.
- Nuptial blessing.
- Final Blessing.
Cocktail time with loved ones
For the Liturgy of the Word which consists of three moments, we suggest the following readings:
- Reading from the book of Genesis 1:26-28,31.
- Reading from the book of Genesis 2:18-24.
- Reading of the book of Genesis 24,48-51,58-67
- Reading of the book of Tobit 7,6-14
- Reading from the book of Tobit 8, 4-8
- Reading of the book of Proverbs 31, 10-13. 19-20. 30-34
- Reading from the book of Ecclesiasticus 26, 1-4. 16-21
Responsorial Psalm and Acclamation before the Gospel:
- Psalm 33
- Psalm 127
- Psalm 111
- Psalm 104
- Psalm 144
- Psalm 148
- A reading from the first letter of the Apostle Paul to the Corinthians 7:10-14.
- Reading from the first letter of the Apostle Paul to the Corinthians 12:31-13:8
- Reading from the first letter of the Apostle Peter 3:1-9
- Reading from the first letter of St. John the Apostle 4:7-12
Gospel of the day of the Mass:
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew 6, 24.34.
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew 19, 3-6
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Mark 10, 6-9
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. John 2, 1-11
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. John 15, 9-12
- Reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. John 17, 20-26
Make the moment memorable, and assign the role of “reader” to people who mean or represent something important in the lives of both of you. Remember: The most beautiful words you will hear together will probably be those of your wedding day. Words, when used to convey feelings, are always magical.
What wedding readings to have in a destination wedding in Yucatan?
Consider the following…
Make sure you know the elements and the order of your wedding ceremony so that you are sure of what the missal will say.
In your missal you can indicate the meaning of each symbol of marriage: the bouquet, the rings, the ribbon… But you can also specify the meaning of the shapes and colors that will be used for you and your groom, and include quotes, anecdotes and, of course, give it a beautiful design.
The missals can be accompanied by a special detail, such as a candle, a cross or a rosary. It can also have nature, such as flower petals or cinnamon sticks.
You can make the missal yourself, if you have a computer program that is practical for you, or you can even have them made by the same place that designs your invitations, keeping in mind that the color palette can match the invitations, the missal and the wedding outfits.
If the religious ceremony will not be catholic, you can make a program inspired by the missal to explain the ritual you have chosen, the important thing is that your wedding is the perfect and unforgettable experience you expect! This will be easier with the help of a professional planning team.
Do you want to know more about TIPS for your wedding in Yucatan?
We are YUCATANLOVE, Wedding Planners in Mérida, ask us.